- Written, Directed and Animated by Chadi Aoun
- Production: Yelostudio
- Sound Design & Music: Tunefork Studios
- Duration 15′ min – color – 2016
“In a fanatic dictatorship. Modern dance is the secret code of the silent resistance. At out-of-the-way places in town young people celebrate the hidden joy of life with their bodies, cope with the terror they experienced. Silence being the only sound in the city of Ghabra.
SAMT is the introduction to a dysfunctional society that is about to implode.”
SAMT is a window through which questions are asked in the face of an established status quo. One of many windows that the Arab uprisings have opened, with unprecedented equal opportunity for all questions to be asked, and for raising the most painful debates on what makes societies change. Another parallel to the realities of the Arab world today, is the repression and crackdown of states on those movements for change to bring back the established ‘order’.
- Best Fiction Film – Lebanese Film Festival 12th edition – Beirut, Lebanon
- Silver Tanit – 50th Journees Cinematographiques de Carthages (JCC) – Tunis
- Jury Prize – 19th Ismailia International film festival for Documentaries & shorts (Egypt)
- Audience Award – FICAM, Festival International du Cinema d’Animation de Mekness (Morocco
- Audience Award – Le PIAFF / Paris international Animation Film Festival (France)
- Best Youth Film – Jinzhen International Short Film Festival (China)
- Honorable Mention – San Francisco Dance Film Festival (USA)
- Best short Film – Sydney World Film Festival (Australia)
For more info please visit SAMT(silence) official page.